I’ve read a lot of different “lists” of values to share with our daughters. I’ve taken things I’ve seen from several and made it my own by eliminating that which was redundant or repetitive, and adding what I think is important. While this was originally geared toward daughters, I can’t see any reason why you wouldn’t wish the same for your sons!
- Travel light through life. Keep only what you need.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people. If you want to be an artist, hang out with artists. If you want to be a drug addict, hang out with addicts. You are most certainly the company you keep.
- Your body, your rules. No exceptions.
- Travel at every available opportunity. The memories are priceless.
- Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
- Learn to take care of yourself, by yourself. You do not need a man/woman, but you can absolutely enjoy your life with a good one.
- Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is. Don’t confuse these.
- Never walk through an alley alone.
- Can’t is a cop-out.
- If you have an opinion, you better know why.
- Ask for what you want. The worst thing they can do is say is no.
- Fall in love often. Particularly with ideas, art, music, literature, food and far-off places.
- Replace “I’m sorry” with “thank you”. It works in most situations. Don’t be sorry you’re late, say thank you for waiting.
- Question everything, except your own intuition. Trust your gut.
- You have enough. You are enough. Don’t let anyone ever make you feel you are not. If they do….walk away. You deserve better.
- Be kind; treat others how you would like them to treat you.
- No matter where you are, you can always come home.
- If you are ever in doubt, remember whose daughter/son you are and straighten your crown. 👑
Leave a Reply